The API has been introduced in v3.4. Therefore, it is only available & supported on v3.4 and above.
This page explains the ways to interact with the Abuse Manager Pro API.
- Login to your WHMCS installation (WHMCS Admin)
- Go to Setup > Staff Management > Manage API Credentials
- Click on API roles, click on Create API Role button, DO NOT give it any actions, press save
- Click on API credentials, click on Generate New API Credential button, select your admin user, select the API role created previously
- Copy the identifier only - we do not need the secret
- This identifier will be the API_ID that needs to be passed in the header of your call to authenticate with the API
The Abuse Manager Pro API can be consumed from:
The example below shows how to create an abuse report programmatically using the API service.
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://URL-TO-YOUR-WHMCS/modules/addons/abusemanagerpro/includes/api.php');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
'action' => 'create', // required - 'create' is to be used to create an abuse report
'service_id' => '1', // required - this is the WHMCS ID of the service that the abuse report will be created for
'category' => 'Spam', // required - this is the category of abuse - can be any value e.g. 'Spam' or 'High I/O' or 'Hacking Attempts' etc.
'service_ip' => '184.108.40.206', // optional - if not passed, the main dedicated IP of the service will be used - if service doesn't have a dedicated IP it will default to (No Dedicated IP)
'suspend_method' => 'suspend', // optional - defaults to nosuspend - available options are 'nosuspend', 'immediate', and 'timelimit'
'allow_unsuspend' => true, // optional - defaults to false - if you want to give the customer the option to self unsuspend set to true
'additional_info' => 'This is the additional info field', // optional - This is the additional information field - this is visible to the customer
'admin_notes' => 'This is the admin notes field', // optional - This is the admin notes field - this is only visible to the admins
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array(
'API_ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX', // required - this header is required for authentication
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$response = curl_exec($ch);
Downloadable example php script