Auto Assign Reports & Suspensions
Auto Assign Reports is a new configurable feature that is available in v4.0.3 and above.
The Auto Assign Reports setting allows a report submitted via IMAP or via the Public Abuse Reporting page to automatically create and assign the abuse report to the customer. The admin does not need to moderate the queued reports page unless a report can't be automatically processed due to insufficient data.
Incoming reports submitted via IMAP or the Public Abuse Reporting page will be scanned. This scan involves a reverse-lookup that tries to find a matching dedicated IPv4 address in the WHMCS database that is linked to an active service, and then tries to find a matching abuse category. If there's a dedicated IPv4 matched for an active service, the module will automatically create the report, and send both a customer and admin email notifications. The customer will receive the usual "New Abuse Created" email, and the admin will receive a new email to let the admin know that a report was automatically created and assigned to a customer.
In case the reverse-lookup fails to find a dedicated IPv4 address that is linked to an active service, it will automatically fallback, and direct the report to the queue for the admin to moderate - the admin will receive a notification to manually assign the report.
The reverse-lookup process will:
- 1.Scan the incoming IMAP imported email, or the message from the Public Abuse reporting page
- 2.Look for an IPv4 address
- 3.Scan the WHMCS database to try to find an active service that has the found dedicated IPv4 address
- 4.If a service is found, it goes to look for a possible category (based on the different categories set in the module settings), if no suitable category is found - it will fallback to "Other"
- 5.An abuse report will automatically be created based on the data
- 6.An email notification will be sent to the customer (New Abuse Report Created)
- 7.An email notification will be sent to the admin (New Abuse Report Automatically Assigned)
If no matching IPv4 is found:
- 1.The report will automatically be queued for admin moderation
- 2.An email notification will be sent to the admin (New Abuse Report Queued)
- 3.Admin needs to manually assign the report
To activate Auto Assign Reports functionality, tick the Auto Assign Reports checkbox in the module settings as below:
Suspending a Service linked to the Auto Assigned Report is feature that is available in v4.0.4 and above.
To active the Auto Suspend Linked Service, choose one of the Suspend Auto Assigned Reports options in the module settings.
This feature requires Auto Assign Reports to be enabled.
There are 3 options
First create a client group, and then assign the customer to that specific client group, and enter the group ID to be excluded in the field shown below:
Note: If you have multiple group IDs, you can separate them using a comma.